The Assistance League® of Los Angeles (“the League”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://www.assistanceleaguela.org (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”).
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
The security of your personal information is important to us. Even so, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Donor Bill of Rights
At the Assistance League® of Los Angeles, we believe philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. The League’s members have a long tradition of generosity that has improved the quality of life for countless children in Los Angeles. To ensure that current and prospective donors can have full confidence in the Assistance League® of Los Angeles and its programs, the Board of Directors declares that all League donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the League’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the League’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the League’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were made.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that their personal information, and information about their giving, is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all communication and relations with individuals and organizations referred by donors will be discreet and professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the League or hired solicitors.
- To have assurance that the League will not under any circumstances, share their personal or contact information with third parties.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Values Your privacy is very important to the Board of Directors and staff of the Assistance League® of Los Angeles. The continued success of League programs depends on the good will and generosity of its supporters. The League is committed to keep you abreast of progress in serving the families of Los Angeles, but not at the expense of violating your privacy. If you feel that your privacy has been compromised, or that the League has misused your information in any way, please email your concerns to email@example.com or call 323.469.1973.
Donor Identity Protection The League is grateful for the donations that help us continue our valuable work. It is very important to us that your personal information remain secure. When you donate to the League online, your credit card information is secured by a reputable security company. Also, your credit card number is used only for that particular transaction and is not stored. You will notice in your website address bar that the domain name starts with an “https” on those donation pages. This means that information entered on those pages is encrypted for your security. This actually makes it more secure than using a credit card in physical form at a store for example. If you have any questions regarding the security of your credit card donation online, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Use of Donor Information You are not required to provide any personal information on the League website unless you choose to do so. The League does ask for personal information on its online donation pages to properly enable donation transaction processing. The League uses this information to acknowledge receipt of your donation for tax purposes. If you are making a donation in honor of or in memory of someone, the League will not use their personal information for any purpose other than sending the acknowledgement card. The League does not copy, reproduce, publish, post, distribute, share or sell the name, personal contact information or description of donors or potential donors to any outside individual or business. Exceptions are those required by laws, requested in grant applications or in connection with bank credit or debit card transactions that may be made without prior knowledge or consent of the donor.